Reckitt & Colman, Inc. MSDS Date: 04/18/97 This product is a registered pesticide EPA Reg No: 777-51
Only Disclosed Ingredient in Lysol Tub 'n Tile MSDS:
Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether *MSDS pdf type document
6% of mixture
States ... "Do not reuse bottles... crush them to be sure they are not reused."
C8H18O3 / CH2(CH2)3OCH2CH2OCH2CH2OH
What happened to my friend
NJ Hazardous Substance Fact Sheet & MSDS *
- Diglycol Monobutyl Ether
- Butoxydiethylene Glycol
- Diethylene Glycol Butyl Ether
- Butyl Oxitol Glycol Ether
- O-Butyl Diethylene Gycol
- Diethylene Glycol N-Butyl ether
- Poly-Sol DB
- Butyl Digol
- Butyl Diglycol
- Butyl Dioxitol
- Butyl Carbitol
- CAS #: 112-34-5
Do you think Class B protective equipment that the workers with Inipol EAP 22 & Corexit during the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill cleanup of 1989 and 1990
.... and the protective equipment that a housewife would normally use, would be this type:
- Wear appropriate glasses or chemical safety goggles (as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166).
- Employees must wear appropriate protective (impervious) clothing to prevent skin exposure.
- Wear appropriate neoprene, pvc or viton gloves.
- Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29 CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Use Extreme Care With The Following Ingredients (Avoid if Possible)
Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether
Central Nervous System effects
One route of exposure for Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether is the eyes. Avoid contact with eyes.
MSDS for Lysol Tub 'n Tile continues: * "This product contains a compound which, in its pure form, has been reported to cause liver, kidney, spleen, thymus and blood effects in laboratory animals when exposed to high levels. These effects are considered to have no relevance to human exposure during normal use of this product."
"Do not reuse empty containers. Rinse thoroughly and discard in trash."
Keep in mind, multiple recurring exposures over a long period of time... add up.
They are cumulative in one's system.
PC Code: 011502
CAS REG. NO. 112-34-5
DIETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOBUTYL ETHER
DIGLYCOL MONOBUTYL ETHER
CAS REG. NO. 112-34-5
Fantastik also has a pesticide EPA registration number
Why is avoiding glycol ether important?
Flu symptoms may also be: Exposure to Glycol Ether
+ 'the anemia' Glycol Ether Causes * <---link